The team at Jarvis McGee Rice LLP would like to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!
As the weather gets colder, and the road conditions more dangerous, we unfortunately see the number of motor vehicle accidents increase. The Vancouver Police Department has just released its seasonal safety tips to help you get through the holiday season safely when traveling by vehicle:
- have directions and check road conditions before you set out
- always wear a seatbelt
- stick to well-travelled roads when possible and take a cell phone and car charger for emergencies
- ensure your car is in good mechanical condition and that you have appropriate tires for the road conditions you may encounter
- have the correct car seats for children and make sure they are installed properly
- keep an emergency kit and blankets in your trunk
- if you need to use your GPS or your cell phone, pull over to the side of the road when it’s safe to do so
- advise someone of your travel route and the times you plan to leave home and arrive at your destination
We remind everyone to please exercise extra caution when driving and cycling over the holidays. Stay safe and see you in 2015!