A fourth-generation lawyer born and raised in Vancouver, John has dedicated his career to fighting for the legal rights of individuals and their families against corporations and insurance companies. After starting his career practicing labor and employment law, John shifted to exclusively practicing plaintiff’s personal injury litigation including motor vehicle negligence, commercial host and occupier’s liability claims, medical, dental and other professional malpractice, and wrongful death family compensation claims. Over the last several years John’s practice has expanded to include wrongful denial of insurance coverage, mass torts and class action proceedings. Advocacy is John’s greatest strength and privilege. He is dedicated to the craft of trial law.
Known for providing exceptional, ethical service, John quarterbacks a legal support team that helps clients and their families navigate through some of the most upsetting and stressful periods of their lives. There is no substitute for good health and peace of mind – and there is no limit to the time, effort and financial resources that John will devote to helping his clients heal as quickly as possible, obtain justice and move forward with their lives. A joy of John’s job is getting to know his clients and their families, which motivates him to relentlessly fight on their behalves.
Member, Law Society of British Columbia
Member, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Civil Litigation and Employment Law Sections, BC Branch, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
B.A., History, McGill University (1999)
LL.B., University of British Columbia (2003)
Place And Year Of Call
British Columbia (2004)
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia:
- President (2020)
- 1st Vice President (2019)
- Executive, Secretary Treasurer (2018)
- Co-Chair ICBC Committee (2016-2018)
- Board of Governors, Vancouver (2012 to 2017)
- Executive-at-Large, Board of Directors (2009-2011)
- Parkinson Society of British Columbia:
- President & Chair of the Board of Directors (2010-2011)
- Vice President of the Board of Directors (2006-2010)
- Member, Board of Directors (2004-2011)
- Chairperson, Advocacy Committee (2005-2010)
- Member-at-Large, Vancouver Quadra Riding Association (2004-2007)
Interests: Away from the office John spends time with friends and family. John and his wife Karley have two boys, Lewis (“Lewie”) and Maxwell (“Max”). Other favourite pursuits include reading, cooking, playing mediocre golf, watching rugby, and following politics and the Vancouver Canucks.