Philips CPAP Class Action
John Morel v. Koninklijke Philips N.V., Philips Electronics Ltd., and Respironics Inc., SCBC No. S216008, Vancouver Registry
RHE is currently investigating a potential Canadian class action regarding sleep apnea machines and ventilators. Millions of devices manufactured, marketed, and sold by Philips and/or related companies are subject to a recall arising out of concerns identified by the company that foam used in the devices may cause serious health issues, including cancer. The devices were recalled by Philips in the United States on June 14, 2021 and by Health Canada on June 23.
- Class Action Details
- Affected Products
Class Action Details
The claim concerns sleep and respiratory care devices manufactured, marketed, and sold by the Defendants, particularly Philips Respironics branded Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (BIPAP), and Mechanical Ventilators. The devices are manufactured with a Polyester-Based Polyurethane (PE-PUR) sound abatement foam, which degrades over time and under certain conditions into toxic particles which may be inhaled or ingested by the user. The toxic particles may cause cancer, respiratory damage or irritation, inflammation, irritation, nausea/vomiting, hypersensitivity, and/or headaches. The Health Canada recall can be found here.
Please see the Notice of Civil Claim for more details.
For further information concerning this action, please contact Natalie Beaupré-Fulton at 604-682-3771 or email email@example.com.
Below is a list Philips devices affected by the recall:
• REMSTAR AUTO WITH SD CARD, A-FLEX, CANADA
• REMSTAR AUTO WITH HUMIDIFIER, WITH SD CARD, A-FLEX, CANADA
• RESTAR PLUS WITH SD CARD, C-FLEX, CANADA
• RESTAR PLUS WITH HUMIDIFIER, WITH SD CARD, C-FLEX, CANADA
• RESTAR PRO WITH SD CARD, C-FLEX +, CANADA
• RESTAR PRO WITH HUMIDIFIER, WITH SD CARD, C-FLEX +, CANADA
• BIPAP AUTO BI-FLEX, WITH HUMIIFIER, WITH SMARTCARD, CANADA
• BIPAP AUTO BI-FLEX, WITH SMARTCARD, CANADA
• BIPAP PRO BI-FLEX, WITH HUMIDIFIER, WITH SMARTCARD, CANADA
• BIPAP PRO BI-FLEX, WITH SMARTCARD, CANADA
• RESTART, WITH HUMIDIFIER, WITH SMARTCARD, CANADA
• RESTAR, WITH SMARTCARD, CANADA
• BIPAP AVAPS, C SERIES VENTILATORY SUPPORT SYSTEM-DOMESTIC
• BIPAP AVAPS, C SERIES VENTILAROTY SUPPORT SYSTEM-CORE PKG, DOMESTIC
• BIPAP ST, C SERIES VENTILATORY SUPPORT SYSTEM-CANADA
• BIPAP ST, C SERIES VENTILATORY SUPPORT SYSTEM-CORE PKG,DOMESTIC
• BIPAP ST, C SERIES VENTILATORY SUPPORT SYSTEM, CORE PKG, CANADA
• OMNILAB ADVANCED, DOMESTIC
• OMNILAB ADVANCED, DOMESTIC CORE
• BIPAP AUTOSV ADVANCED SYSTEM ONE
• DREAMSTATION CPAP
• DREAMSTATION AUTO BIPAP
• DREAMSTATIN BIPAP PRO
• DREAMSTATION CPAP PRO
• DREAMSTATION AUTO CPAP
• DREAMSTATION BIPAP AUTOSV, CA
• DREAMSTATION BIPAP AUTOSV, W/HUMIDIFIER, CA
• DREAMSTATION BIPAP AUTO SV W/HUMID/HEATED TUBE, CA
• BIPAP AVAPS VENTILATORY SUPPORT SYSTEM-CANADA
• BIPAP AVAPS VENTILATORY SUPPORT SYSTEM-CORE PKG, CANADA
• DREAMSTATION GO CPAP
• DREAMSTATION GO AUTO CPAP
• DREAMSTATION EXPERT
• DREAMSTATION GO CPAP WITH HUMIDIFIER, CANADA
• DREAMSTATION GO AUTO CPAP WITH HUMIDIFIER, CANADA
Philips CPAP Form
Note: You are not obliged to fill in this form to participate in this class action. If you choose to do so, you are not retaining RHE LLP to act on your behalf. Providing the information requested does not make you a client of RHE LLP. All information submitted will be treated as confidential and will only be released as required by law or as you may consent.
I provide my consent and agree herein to receive communications from RHE LLP, which may include announcements regarding class actions, practice updates, newsletters, publications, event invitations or other information that may be of interest. I understand that consent to receive these electronic communications may be withdrawn at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.